Oregon - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, Oct 2016 (NamUs UP # 15871)

I read over the case of NamUS up #15871 earlier. I have some thoughts on the case.



Firstly, I wonder if this person met with foul play. That her wallet didn't have anything in it is something I found a little odd. It seems to me that if you died during a hike or committed suicide that everything would remain in your wallet. I wondered if she was robbed and killed. I also wondered if the maple leaves on the wallet suggested Canadian identity, albeit they aren't typical to the one in the Canadian flag



Secondly, I wondered if the bottle of Rescue Remedy was a clue. I researched pictures of the bottle for a little while and found that the wording on the bottle changes slightly between a lot of products. I did find an exact match on the bottle, however, and made a video so that everyone can see the bottle writing really clearly.


I feel like the Rescue Remedy bottle might be a nice lead on finding the date of death or at least narrowing things down. The company that makes the product seems to change the wording on the bottle slightly now and again. Maybe they know when the exact product wording on the labels was in effect and that could pertain to a sell date of the product. When I Googled the code near the top of the bottle I found information that the bottle was out there since at least November of 2011.



There is also the Puget Sound water bottle as the big clue or a big diversion. I found an article online where one Mark O. Martin described himself as "an associate professor of Biology at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington." The article was from 2012 and I noticed a student in the pictures in the article, one of which I felt resembled the composite sketches. However, this could be a red herring for sure. Still, it would be nice if someone did a well-being check on her.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jerry Strickland, Melissa (Missy) Munday -- What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode

Missing Kids and Their Bicycles - Cases of Dario Cicolecchia, Janice Pockett, and Others

Dottie Caylor's Disappearance - What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode